Out of the box
In a recent survey creativity comes out as the most important key to success in future business.
The survey is based on in-person interviews with more than 1.500 CEO’s around the world.
They believe that creativity is even more important than vision. Creativity is defined as the defeat of habit by originality. It can be very useful for problem solving. Here are some tips to get the creative juices flowing:
- Visualize a problem before solving it
- Never solve a problem from its original perspective
- Lose your fear of being wrong. Ask a dumb question; you will get a smart answer
- Think up a range of scenarios: what would happen if…
- Always look for a second right answer – the plan B
- If at first you don’t succeed, take a break and come back later
- Great ideas = lots of ideas minus the bad ones
- Go for ideas that are fifteen minutes ahead of their time; not light years away.
- If everyone says you are wrong, you are one step ahead. If everyone laughs at you, you are two steps ahead.
- Write down your ideas before you forget them.
If you want to read the survey, go to:
Is your business stuck in a rut? Have you tested scenario thinking or other creative strategies to solve your challenges?